Sunday 24 November 2013

Increase that feel good factor

So much is happening here in Ulverston that for me is doom and gloom that it's time to stop trying to lead campaigning but rather support others that are showing intitiative. At the same time we all need to remain positive and cheerful while so many people seem to want to be negative and struggling to cope with the complexities of modern life.

For those that feel the same way, it makes sense to some to go out and enjoy ourselves.

Does this phrase make sense :

Isaiah 22:13 i "let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die."

Not for me!

I prefer to find something to do that is positive, the above is for those that have given up completely! Focussing on playing my clarinet is my choice rather than eating and drinking!

It's lovely to find that the more I play at home accompanying other music, the better I get.  I can hit the right notes more and more ( I choose to play by ear) so tunes I've never played before are becoming easier to play first time. Isn't it fascinating how the brain adapts to learning new things when put to work! It's great having something where there is so much ahead still to learn. Lots of opportunities to improve week by week. This is indeed encouraging - a great contrast to the world outside which appears to be steadily going downhill.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox wrote the opening lines of a poem called Solitude
Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.
After a moving experience. Again she she wrote:

It is easy enough to be pleasant,
 When life flows by like a song,
But the man worth while is one who will smile,
When everything goes dead wrong
This makes more sense to me.

So clarinet and a number of other personal projects, Music and Movement being one of them, are now my priorities.

No comments: