Sunday 30 March 2014

Dying - freedom from restrictions

When you reach the age that death is round the corner - as I feel - it's amazing how this frees up your inhibitions.

You develop a 'What the hell ' attitude to life.

Jenny Joseph says it very truthfully in her poem "Warning"

"When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit."


Let's really enjoy myself and be really outrageous. I'm find that I'm doing much of the above - and I just don't care- it's very liberating.


No comments: