Tuesday 20 March 2012

Is the idea of 'fairness' going down the drain ?

The reduction of the higher rate of tax suggests it is.

The argument that this will stimulate the economy and create more jobs doesn't for me balance the harm done to the concept of fairness - even if it's true.

And I can't believe it will be.

It makes us all feel that the whole idea of "The Big Society" is a sham.

Can't the government find another way to motivate us all to want to wrk for the common good - other appealing to people's greed - their desire to earn more money?

What a shallow society does Cameron think that we are?

Con't we find a leader who has the backing of us all?

Someone who will figuratively get his sleeves rolled up and set an example?

I'm convinced that there are rich people who want to change things by donating/using there money to create a better society - the Richard Bransons of this world.

Where will all the anger go?

For me it will go into digging my allotment.

At least, there, my efforts produce a tangible result.

My, those clods of weeds are in for a bashing when I see them later this morning !

No comments: