Sunday 4 March 2012

Who are the people in the town that we value?

Here is my little list - and many don't see themselves as my friend. Some even see themselves as my enemy (that's their loss).

Presented in reverse alphabetical order of 'first name' - (how weird is that?)

Valery at Natterjacks, Trudi Dewar, Tony Taylor, Tom Bowden, Rupert Johnston, Richard Butler, Sue Redhead, Solicitor at Hart-Jackson, Phil Lister, Phil Hopwood, Peter Hanks, Paul Kingsnorth, Paul Holmes, Paul Dewar, Norman Bishop-Rowe, Ness of Fireworks Display fame, Mark the fiddler, Mark Carson, Mr Lancaster of Penny Bridge School, Judith Pickthall,  John Fox and Sue Gill, Jennifer Snell, Jane Carson, Jackie Williams, Jack Rice, Graham at Smith and Harrisons, Gordon Jones, Gavin Knott, Dennis McGeary, Debbie Binch, David Parratt, David Pickthall, David Gardiner, Corrin Hanlin,  Ceri Hutton,  Carl Fine, The Blackmore-Tuckers at Libra,  Bernard Ellis,  Anita Garnet, Alex of UCAN fame,

I'm sure there would be others if I knew of them or if I could remember! There isn't someone for being a practicing teacher - I'm sure that must be a serious omission - it was - there's one now!

Have you a serious suggestion?

7 comments:

Tommy B said...

You have missed ralph Spours off. In my opinion a man who does more for Ulverston in a week than you do in a year!

Geoff Dellow said...

Yes Ralph does a lot.

I like the way he picks up litter regardless whether anyone else is looking.

Rene. said...

Agreed, a fine chap.Then there is Piel Castle landlord who does more than anyone in town to keep music live, some of it may be dodgy, but he makes the effort. Music is important ya know, just as dogshit diminishes our quality of life so music enhances it.

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks Rene,

I've not been in the Piel Castle for a while - last time was to feed on the french crepes.

I tend to go to the the Stan Laurel - they're great landlords too. Great for food, poole, chess and maybe much more. No music though - for this it's Natterjacks - they've got a good piano and The Hope and Anchor for me.

Geoff Dellow said...

A few major omissions:

Richard Butler, David Pickthall, Paul Dewar and Trudi Dewar. So I've slipped them in.

Anonymous said...

You have missed off the Radio Furness team and Dave Mackenzie

Geoff Dellow said...

Why so negative?

I said quite clearly - my little list.

I don't know everyone which is why I encouraged your additions.

You could have said "I'd like to add . . . ."