Thursday 22 March 2012

One thing that I thing that Osborne has got right

Is to tax those that have retired.

I am part of this group who have on avwerage had it easy during our lifetime.

I have had lots of opportunities to be comfortably well off and am pleased that I am having to (perhaps) pay more than my fair share.

I was able to by a house when I started earning which cost me only one year's salary.

Thus in no time at all I was able to own my house outright.

In fact I went to the States and came back with enough cash to be able to buy a large group of farm buildings without a loan.

By the time I was fifty I could have been quite 'well off'having stopped working for someone else and owning a number of properties and by now be a multimillionaire. In fact I chose not to and instead take risks which I found fun to take but meant I lost a fair bit of money.

This is not to say that everyone would be well off but we all had the opportunity if we worked hard and had the average opportunities.

This is in complete contrast with many today that have rediculous mortgages and have nowhere near the opportunities that I in my generation had to become secure.

For me it makes sense and is fair that I should have less cash and that young people should have greater opportunities.

No comments: