Thursday 15 March 2012

Stan of Dalton

An amazing man - an amazing project.

Possibly the only one of its kind in the UK:

An organisation that grew out of one man's vision and has been doggedly pursued for the last 35 years by Stan and his group of volunteers. One that is thriving with a turn over of over £1,000 per day in these financially difficult times.

In 1976

"My wife nearly knocked me off my chair and said, " you ought to volunteer" "

Volunteer he did, back then - and he's been working hard ever since - and is still going strong.

Watch both these videos if you want to learn from someone who takes on a vision and not only achieves it but takes on more and more visions into what is possible.

If the vision was to dig a tunnel under the atlantic to New York - Stan would be the one to have in charge if he were persuaded it was a good idea ( may I correct that if Stan's wife had thought it was a good idea and was able to persuade him). I suspect Stan's wife is an equally impressive person - I wonder how much of him she has seen over the years.


I sought out this impressive man over a week ago - one of the people behind the community Baths-Leisure Centre- Cafe´- and now playground project in Dalton. He agreed to be interviewed.

I've now allowed the week for censure to pass and am now making the interview public.

It comes in two halves. Here's the first:



And here's the second.


Here is a view of the park Stan was talking about with the Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool /Cafe´in the distance.

No comments: