Tuesday 17 July 2012

Blog problem continue

Another person reports that the background image now makes it impossible to read sowhile T try to get to the bottom of what is happening - and it doesn't appear to affect some Browsers like Firefox which is fine - I am reverting to a pale pink image to match what is under the first bit of text.

Work in progress when I have time!

Please let me know when things are back to normal with the right hand side panel working,

Alternatively try using Firefox.

Is there a browser war going on by any chance!

Geoff

4 comments:

lakeuk said...

Checked out the page in IE9 and it does look abit messed up, Microsoft has never been good at following standards but with IE9 they are trying (slowly), but I think the problem is a combination of IE and the blog template been old so may include code no longer to standard and IE happens to be the first of the bunch to remove support.

Slow term solution would be for readers to switch from IE to Google Chrome or Firefox, probable not an option for some with old slow PC's though

Medium term solution Geoff is to pick a different template from the standard set blogger provides - go to the template section in the settings, click on a template to see a preview of your site with the new template - choose one easy on the eye

Alan Farmer said...

I use a MacBook Pro with Safari and Firefox browsers, I have noticed recently that your home page is slow to load but no fatal problems. Just checked your page with both browsers and now loading properly on both with RH side links working correctly. Possibly your "skin" (background) was too large.

Geoff Dellow said...

Dave that's a superb analysis.

I shall look for another template and switch as a matter of priority.

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks too Alan.

It looks as though the problem is to do with the compatability of the version of the browser and the code that is being sent out.

As a matter of principle I don't update my software because inevitably it is more bulky than what's there.Furthermore 'if it works - don't fix it' is generally good advice. In this case I suspect, I need to move with the times.