Wednesday 4 July 2012

The secret of a contented life

Sounds twee, doesn't it!

Well I reckon I've discovered it.

The thing that is bouying me up time and time again in recent months is to:

Like yourself

Not only is it true on a personal level, it's true I believe on a national level.

We as British citizens need to like ourselves for being British.

This will not mean that are a soft option or that we overextend ourselves in what we attempt.

It means that all the time we take care of ourselves with the right balance of hard work and relaxation, of campaigning and celebration for what we have been able to achieve.

If you're intrigued by the above then take the time to read this section of The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

Here is a description of a community that liked itself in a very meaningful way with the result that their health is amazingly good.

This encourages me to continue to work to build a caring community here in Ulverston.

No comments: