Wednesday 27 August 2014

Wisdom


Someone  very wise originated this thought.

It has at least two versions of unknown origin:


God give me strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

God grant me the SERENITY to
accept the things I cannot change;
COURAGE to change the things I can;
and WISDOM to know the difference.


 Serenity is an old fashion word which has now changed its meaning. For 'God'I would substitute my own reasoning and conviction.

In my present state of mind, suffering from severe lack of sleep after my stroke, it has great pertinence.

Battles, I would normally have taken on, must be left to others to fight in their own way. Their fresh approach may well succeed in the long run. Succeed in a way I would have never achieved.

I for my part need to focus on getting better and if necessary, letting my opponents winning  battles over issues I feel very strongly about . Another wise quote comes to mind:


He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.

I'm looking forward optimistically to being fighting fit again in about six months to a year, but this is not for me at the present time.

No comments: