Friday 17 December 2010

The sinking feeling in my stomach

Has now disappeared.


I've taken the plunge and offered to organise and run the next Flag Fortnight should this help be needed.


I've already been offered:

Storage for the Flags

Help on the day to put flags up and take them down from several fit young men. Looks like we've a potential team of over ten of them.



Having been deeply involved with this project with Elizabeth Green who led the team that made most of them, a few years back, I go into this project with my eyes open.

Here's an interview I filmed with her a few years back followed by my attempt to make a dramatic March of the Flags - pretty good stuff even though I say it myself. I like the Prokofiev music - from the Romeo and Juliet gang confrontation.

This is followed by the video on Flag Fortnight itself  - now getting good ratings on Youtube - 1,800 viewings.

Done to promote the happy side of Ulverson - bit of a fudge really  - but it has high 'feel good ' factor which is what we need these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shopkeepers should be responsible for their own flags
Tom @ working class heroes is and had to ask for it from "The commitee"
Its nice that they go up on the saturday but not essential
The same commitee that ruins sorry runs all the festering festivals needs to make way for new or old blood or any blood
Perhaps a word of thanks even.
You will do a wonderfull job if you are allowed to lead and guide as you are a real artist not a bell ringer
"HE" DOES NOT !

Geoff Dellow said...

I agree that shopkeepers should be in charge if they want to, however I'm sure there are some that would appreciate it being done for them.

Saving them the trouble of getting ladders.

Perhaps some of the Flags suffer wear and tear? Some poles may need replacing.

The other thing is that in the past people who were familiar with the state of the brackets voiced concern that some needed a review of their design and operation. Getting them repaired could be a hassle.

It seems to me that a coordinated approach would be helpful.

Thanks for the compliment though.