Monday 21 July 2014

Hope, that vital ingredient in life

I've come across a really good article on this. 

And my, do I need this message at the moment.

When you are up against it, as I am, dealing with my stroke,

It's important to understand what gives us Hope.

Gordon Jones, a freind of mine who deals a lot with young people , tells me that many of those he deals with, have given up hope.

At the moment I could be the same.

I have good days and bad ones, they seem to go that way, alternate days, at the moment.

So what can I do to lift myself, and yes it's got to be me. No one else can do it for me.

At the moment it can be just going out for a walk up Gill banks. It's a struggle :just getting up the steep slopes, but once up there, one can walk on the level to benches where one cut sit and look up into the trees, with a cool breeze and the wind, very welcome in the hot weather, rustling in the high branches. On the way, there's the opportunity to meet friendly people, some I know. This gives me a lift.

The passage that range true (and the links that follow) for me was:



"How to renew hope
In much of the research examining hope, a major factor that contributes to our level of hope is the achievement of our goals. When we are able to reach our goals and have a sense of support and validation it instills hope.
In this sense, empowering yourself by setting effective goals is the key. Here are a few tips to set and achieve your goals and bring more hope into your life."

I learn here that I need to set achievable goals.

my problem can be that I set my goals too high and then become depressed because I appear to fail.

Aiming lower is the solution . Aiming at something that I can achieve is the secret. So now I will put this more into effect.

Today is starting well.:Let's get the washing up done!

No comments: